Managing Blood Sugar Level Through Diet Control
Making healthier food choices is important to manage your diabetes and to reduce your risk of diabetes complications.
Diabetes happen when your body lacks of insulin, or inefficiently use the insulin. As a result, sugar cannot be transported effectively from the blood into the cells cause blood sugar to rise.
Dietary guidelines for diabetic patient include:
- Eat your meals at consistent time everyday
- Take consistent amount of carbohydrate on day-to-day basis and within requirement
- Choose more on carbohydrate complex
- Limit intake of sugary food and beverages
- Increase dietary fiber intake
If you want to know more about how to managing blood sugar level through diet control, please visit our dietitian clinic at Level 4, MSU Medical Centre.